A good phone system can be the making of a business, however, a system that isn’t fit for the job could be allowing your competitors to pull ahead.
But with all of the different offering available, how do you know which features are right for your business? Well, we’ve put together a checklist so you can decide if your current phone system is fit for purpose.
Does your phone system…
Have call recording software?
Call recording software is often a tool that is overlooked, yet it is an extremely valuable tool for gaining a deeper insight into how your company is handling inbound and outbound calls. Call recording can be done either on an existing system or on a new system with the software already installed and ready to go.
What’re the benefits:
- Quality Control – Calls can be reviewed giving yourself or a manager the ability to identify with your colleague’s areas for improvement.
- Sales Training – The Data/Information collected from recorded calls can be utilised to provide effective sales and customer training for your employees.
- Corporate Liability – Simple miscommunications are common when engaging with customers via phone. By recording calls, your business will be able to diffuse and rescue any such scenarios.
- Compliance – For some businesses such as those in the financial sector, you are required to record all verbal communications. Recording calls in such settings helps to maintain compliance with regulatory groups.
- Improved Security – Businesses are required to inform customers that they are being recorded, an advantage of this can be that customers will refrain from using abusive language on the call.
Have on-hold marketing?
Having a personalised ‘on-hold marketing’ phone message is a great way to sell additional products and services, enhance your branding efforts, offer a more professional image or provide helpful information to your callers. If you already have on-hold marketing in place, ask yourself, is it doing enough to promote your business?
Did you know….
- 70% of business users are placed on hold or transferred.
- 90% of business customers hang up after 40 seconds.
- 34% of callers who hang up won’t call back.
BDM Voice offers a range of on-hold marketing options including welcome messages, call menu options, on-hold messages, on-hold music, voiceovers, out-of-hours messaging and scriptwriting services.
On-hold marketing is key to any business. Being on-hold presents your business with a marketing window of opportunity.
Have Call Tracking?
Call tracking software helps businesses discover where their phone call enquiries have come from. Both offline and online marketing activities are likely to be generating inbound sales calls but can you confidently say which marketing material is working and which isn’t?
Call tracking allows you to:
- Link the number of calls to a specific campaign
- Access call logs and call recordings
- Calculate Cost-Per-Click to determine campaign effectiveness
- Measure your expenses and gains for a more accurate Return-On-Investment
- Optimise your budget and spend to favour successful campaigns
Unlike many of BDM Voices’ competitors, we can offer marketing tracking numbers that can do just that! Our call tracking system provides dedicated numbers for use on both your online and offline marketing collateral including your website, email campaigns, PPC adverts, print, direct mail and POS.
In summary, if you are looking for more concrete data to support the performance of your campaigns and better understand where you should be allocating your marketing budget, call tracking is for you.
Ask us how we can include free marketing numbers with our business telephone system.
Have Call Monitoring?
Call monitoring is a common business practice for recording and evaluating external phone calls. This exercise helps you to assess the standard of service that your company provides and acts as a reference point for any queries you or a customer may have.
Is call monitoring right for your business?
I short… Yes! Remember, call monitoring is essential for all businesses.
- Call monitoring for big brands helps to standardise the quality of service from a big team. As your company grows, wading through endless data can be hard. Performing random spot checks on recorded phone calls is a good way for your business to get a good feel for your teams’ performance.
- Call monitoring for SME’s sends the right message to your employees, knowing calls are recorded, they will be incentivised into becoming shining examples of quality service.
- Call monitoring for sole traders can act as a reference guide for your performance. This gives you the ability to review your own performance and take note of important information that may have slipped your mind.
BDM Voice can take your business to the next level by using REVEAL, our own proprietary call monitoring solution.
Our team of highly trained call analysts take a selection of calls and provide you with an unbiased and impartial evaluation of your inbound and outbound sales calls against your criteria.
We can help you understand the performance of your business on the telephone, presenting you with detailed, statistical and graphical reports illustrating performance at staff and department levels.
In this article we have covered Call Tracking, On-Hold Marketing, Call Monitoring and Call Recording software, all essential elements any good phone system needs. If you have answered no to having any of these services then you are allowing your competitors to pull ahead of you.
Here at BDM Voice, we can help rectify this for you by providing a fully comprehensive phone system package, allowing your business to stand head and shoulders above the rest.
Get in contact and challenge us as to how we can improve your phone system.